Join us for the OHH Houston Pistol Shoot on January 25, 2019, at Shooters Station in Conroe, Texas.
Since 2003, Oilfield Helping Hands (OHH) has helped oilfield families in critical need of financial assistance. Numerous corporations and hundreds of individuals comprise our membership, and we have provided more than $4.5 million in assistance to those in need.
OHH is holding the 5th Annual Pistol Shoot on Friday, January 25, 2019, at Shooters Station Arms, located at 13748 Hwy 105 West Conroe, TX 77304.
Enjoy a great opportunity for pistol shooting and competition, fun and camaraderie all benefiting the Houston oilfield community.
As a sponsor, your company will help offset event expenses to allow maximum proceeds to be used to benefit oilfield families in financial crisis. Your company will be recognized several ways during the event and on our website. At certain levels, you can register a specified number of teams to participate in the tournament at no additional cost. A wide variety of commitment levels are available. Please see the sponsorship opportunities sheet for full details.
Deadline for team entry is January 19, 2019. We are striving for 100% online registration for this event. Therefore we request that you register online.
Schedule and Information
Flight Times (Projected):
- 8 a.m. Sign In
- 8:45 a.m. Safety Meeting (REQUIRED)
- 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. First Flight
- 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Second Flight
Time not guaranteed, but indicated preference will be considered. Starting time and flight will be sent via e-mail to team captain only. Additional flights may be available in the afternoon as required by team registrations.
- Location: Shooters Station Arms Indoor Range on Hwy. 105 (west of Interstate 45 towards Montgomery, TX)
- Each team will consist of four (4) shooters.
- Cost per four (4) man team: $500
- Open to all levels, from beginner to the more experienced shooter
- Pistol caliber only, with minimum caliber .380 and up (no rifle caliber pistols allowed).
- Eye and ear protection required for all shooters and volunteers inside shooting ranges.
- Revolvers or auto loaders of shooters choice may be used.
- No optic sights, open sights only.
- Match will be shot in flights (number depending on number of teams).
- Each flight is estimated to take approximately one and a half hours to complete.
- Projected flight times (subject to change) will be 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. & 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. More flight times will be added in the afternoon if necessary.
- Recommend each shooter have 4-6 magazines or 6 speed loaders for revolvers.
- Loading at shooting lines with magazines or speed clips only - no loose ammo will be loaded on the shooting line.
- Pistol bags or boxes required and must be used. No firearms in holsters may be worn inside of Shooter Station Arms. No handling of except in side of range and only when instructed to do so by range officer.
- Course of fire for three stages will require no more than 50 rounds per shooter. However, the Stump Shoot stage can require 50 rounds or more depending on how fast the shooter can load and shoot and the effectiveness of all team shooters. We recommend that each shooter bring a minimum of 100 rounds of ammo for the shoot. If shooting in more than one team then bring ammo accordingly.
- Fun team scenarios will be employed including: individual paper targets, bowling pins (flurry), pistol clays, and cutting 4X4 in half (Stump Shoot). All will challenge team skill and coordination while being a fun experience.
- Food will be provided for all flights.
- Drinks will be provided by Shooters Station Arms for all participants.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed on Shooters Station Arms property at any time. Please observe this rule.
- Safety and safe firearms practice and handling are essential to the safety of all. Each participant is a Safety Officer.
- All shooters must attend a safety briefing before the match and turn in
release forms before shooting.
13748 Highway 105
West Conroe, TX 77304
Rules and Regulations
TO ENSURE THE SAFETY TO ALL PARTICIPANTS, RANGE PERSONNEL AND ATTENDEES, THE FOLLOWING SAFETY RULES ARE TO BE OBSERVED AND ENFORCED AT ALL TIMES
- No firearm is to be carried on the person of a participant or volunteer or visitor; in a holster or carried in any other exposed or unexposed manner, at any time inside the Shooters Station Arms range facility/property. This applies to everyone including license to carry individuals.
- All firearms must be unloaded and have their magazine (clip) removed and separate from the firearm and must have their slide locked back or cylinder open as applicable.
- All participants and others entering the range will be advised of these requirements and have their bags and firearms checked before entering the range facility for compliance.
- Pistol bags or boxes are required and must be used by all participants.
- All firearms must be retained in a gun bag or pistol box at all times and not removed until the participant is inside the firing range and instructed by the range officer to remove the firearm and place it on the firing line bench.
- There will not be any handling, “showing” or examining of a firearm in the Shooters Station Arms facility except while at the sales counter or inside of a range under the supervision of a range employee or at the onsite gunsmith repair shop.
- If a firearm is being loaned to another participant of the event, then transfer of that firearm is to be safely completed outside of the range facility and all Match and Safety rules followed.
- Loading of firearms will only occur on the firing line inside of each range at the command of the range office and will be with magazines or speed clips only - no loose ammo will be loaded on the firing line.
- In preparation for a shooting a scenario, only magazines or speed loaders, ammunition and loading devices are to be removed from shooters gun bag for the loading process. Once loading has been completed loaded magazines or speed loaders will then be returned to gun bag. In no case is a magazine to be place inside of your weapon or a round inserted in the chamber.
- All shooters must attend a safety briefing before the match and turn in their release forms before Shooting.
- Failure to comply to any event rules and especially the safety rules listed above will result in immediate disqualification and elimination from the pistol shoot.
- Safety and safe firearms practice and handling are essential to the safety of all. Each participant is a Safety Officer. PLEASE CALL OUR ATTENTION TO ANY UNSAFE PRACTICE OR CONCERN.
THESE RULES ARE INTENDED TO ASSURE THAT EVERYONE ATTENDING THE PISTOL SHOOT HAS A GOOD AND SAFE TIME. EACH PARTICIPANT WILL BE GIVEN A COPY OF THESE RULES BY HIS TEAM CAPTAIN AND WILL BE EXPECTED TO COMPLY. OUR GOAL IS 100% COMPLIANCE AND “0” INCIDENTS. THANKS, FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
Oilfield Helping Hands extends sincere thanks to all its committee members for their efforts in making this event a success. This year's tournament committee includes:
Control Flow, Inc.
Assistant Match Director
Control Flow, Inc.
Match Score Keeper
Match Score Keeper
Match Team Coordinator
Become a Sponsor
Multiple sponsorships available. The Gold Sponsorship include one team, logo on banners and logo on shirts.
Multiple sponsorships available. The Flight Ammo/Gift Sponsorship includes logo on banners, logo on certificate and logo on shirts.
The Breakfast Sponsorship includes logo on banners and logo on shirts.
The Lunch Sponsorship includes logo on banners and logo on shirts.
Each team will consist of four (4) shooters. Cost per four (4) man team is $500.
Individual shooters may sign up to be placed with other individual shooters or as assigned substitutes on teams as required. OHH will strive to accommodate
individual shooters but cannot guarantee specific times or spaces in the event. Cost per individual is $125.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT!
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT!
Please let us know if you are interested in volunteering at this event. We appreciate all the help we can get. If you can help at this year's event, please click the volunteer button below and complete the form. Thank you in advance for your help making this event a success!