How To Get Help
Financial assistance from Oilfield Helping Hands is available to anyone who meets our criteria. In order to be considered as a potential OHH recipient, you must first download and complete an application.
To qualify for assistance, applicants must either work for one of our corporate members or live and/or work within one of the areas covered by an OHH chapter:
- Acadiana – 22 parishes that are considered Acadiana (Acadia, Ascension, Assumption, Avoyelles, Calcasieu, Cameron, Evangeline, Iberia, Iberville, Jefferson Davis, Lafayette, Lafourche, Pointe Coupee, St. Charles, St. James, St. John the Baptist, St. Landry, St. Martin, St. Mary, Terrebonne, Vermillion, W. Baton Rouge)
- Houston – Houston/Harris County and seven surrounding counties (Fort Bend, Chambers, Montgomery, Liberty, Brazoria, Galveston, Waller)
- Oklahoma – entire state
- Permian – 21 counties in west Texas & 2 in east New Mexico (Gaines, Dawson, Borden, Andrews, Martin, Howard, Loving, Winkler, Ector, Midland, Glasscock, Sterling, Coke, Ward, Crane, Upton, Reagan, Irion, Tom Green, Crockett, Schleicher, TX and Lea & Eddy, NM.)
- Rocky Mountain – Colorado, Utah, Wyoming
- South Texas – Texas counties of Kinney, Uvalde, Medina, Bexar, Gonzales, Lavaca, Maverick, Zavala, Dimmit, Frio, La Salle, Atascosa, McMullen, Wilson, Karnes, DeWitt, Goliad, Victoria Jackson, Live Oak, Bee, Refugio, Calhoun, Webb, Duval, Jim Wells, Aransas, San Patricio, Nueces, Kleberg, Zapata, Jim Hogg, Brooks, Kenedy, Starr, Hidalgo, Willacy, and Cameron
- Corporate members – Employees of corporate members who live and/or work in the United States are eligible for assistance if they meet the other qualifying criteria.
The applicant must have a minimum of five years of work experience in the E&P sector of the energy industry, and at least 75 percent of their income must have been derived from that employment. Employment will be verified.
All applications must be submitted to the Selection Committee Chair by an active member. Anyone can request that an active member sponsor a family in need; however, the application must be presented by an active member. If you do not know an active member, contact the Selection Committee Chair and one will be assigned to you.
- Download an application for assistance below.
- With the guidance of an active member, complete the application and attach supporting documentation. If you do not know an active OHH member, please contact the chair of the selection committee (email on bottom of application) and someone will be assigned to you.
- Submit application and any supporting documentation to the Chair of the Selection Committee. The committee will review the application and vote whether to approve disbursement of funds.
OHH Application for Assistance (466 KB)